Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Blogovision 2018: Στο #1 του Γεράσιμου οι Spiritualized και το And Nothing Hurt


A few of the songs on the album are goodbyes to a lover, and they’re warm and heartfelt and deeply, cuttingly cruel. Opening track “A Perfect Miracle” starts off as a love song, Pierce singing over lilting ukuleles about all the nice things he’d like to do for someone. And as the song goes on, bit by bit, he lets this person know just how much space he needs: “My mind is a mess and I’m needing you less / Give me a call in a little while.” And then, later on: “Lately I’ve found I don’t need you around / I don’t think it’s working out anyway.” “Sail On Through,” the last song on the album, doesn’t let her down any easier: “I’ll tell no lie, I’ll tell the truth / You know, I just don’t need to be with you.” We might expect a 52-year-old father to sing about the pleasures of domesticity, but that’s not Pierce. Instead, he sounds happiest when he’s singing about leaving for the next town on “Here It Comes (The Road) Let’s Go” or dancing to Big Star with someone during last call on “Let’s Dance.” He was born a rambling man, and now he’s made the saddest, prettiest, fullest, best road-trip album I’ve heard in recent memory.( stereogum.com)

Check:



No.02. RMFTM & 10,000 Russos – RMFTM & 10,000 Russos
No.03. Daughters – You Won’t Get What You Want
No.04. Gas - Rausch
No.05. Deafheaven-   Ordinary Corrupt Human Love
No. 06. Jon Hopkins - Singularity
No. 07. Thou -Magus
No. 08. Chris Carter – Chemistry Lessons Volume 1
No. 09. Throw Down Bones –Two
No. 10. Sumac – Love In Shadow
No. 11. Ancient Methods –The Jericho Records
Νο. 12. Uniform- The Long Walk
No. 13. Terence Fixmer – Through the Cortex
No. 15. Rhys Fulber - Your Dystopia, My Utopia
No. 16. Bambara – Shadow on Everything
No. 17. Unhuman - Devour Wrath Without Shame
No. 18. JK Flesh – New Horizon
No. 19. Adam X – Recon Mission
No. 20. Preoccupations – New Material

No comments:

Post a Comment